Houses to Let – Pebbles
5 bedroom house with parking, garden and sea views to rent
Available from early September 2020
Pebbles, which was built around 1930, is a large detached three storey family house with five bedrooms, set back from the High Street, in the centre of Budleigh Salterton, with southerly views over the pebble beach to the sea. Its garden gives onto the sea front footpath and beach. There is a double garage as well as good parking space in its large courtyard.
Unlike Exmouth and Sidmouth, Budleigh Salterton has changed little in the past half century while major developments have expanded Exmouth, 4 miles away into a significant commuter town for Exeter. Budleigh Salterton remains the home of many retired people but with a growing number of younger families. It has good shops, pubs and a Health Centre.
The accommodation comprises:
Entrance lobby and hall with staircase
Large living room, 7.9m x 5.3m (26’ x 17’ 6”), with stone fireplace and bay windows
Teak glazed conservatory, 7.9m x 4.6m (26’ x 15’), with double doors to the garden
Dining room, 4.0m x 3.7m (13’ x 12’), with fireplace and French windows
Family room, 3.7m x 3.7m (12’ x 12’)
Cloakroom – WC and basin
Fitted kitchen, 4.1m x 4.0m (13’ 6” x 13’), with Neff oven and microwave, Neff Gas hob unit
Electric four oven electric Aga cooker
Utility room with fitted cupboards and stainless steel sink, back door
Landing giving onto
Bedroom 1, 3.7m x 5.2m (12’ x 17’), with en-suite bathroom and access to a glazed balcony
Bedroom 2, 3.7m x 5.2m (12’ x 17’), with access to a glazed balcony
Bedroom 3, 3.7m x 4.0m (12’ x 13’)
Bathroom 2 with bath, shower, and WC
Bedroom 4, 4.9m x 4.0m (16’ x 13’)
Rear courtyard with external access to
Basement store with cupboards and the gas fired boiler, supplying radiators with individual thermostats.
Lift not currently in service while a B&B business but, subject to a service contract, can be re-instated.
Pebbles has previously been let as a bed and breakfast business and as a result has very substantial cold and hot water storage and pumped hot water.
The owner is preparing for a major renovation which may involve partial demolition of this fine house, now some 90 years old, and seeks a short term let pending the preparations for this renovation, including obtaining planning permission and negotiating contracts. The conservatory was constructed in the mid-1990s and the materials used have suffered from the salt and exposed position of the house. Today it is inclined to leak in wet and windy conditions, particularly when there is a southeast or easterly gale. Indeed, part of the renovation will be to replace the conservatory. The owner now seeks a short unfurnished tenancy at a much reduced rent, well below the level achieved during the last ten years. The expiring lease commanded a rent of £2,920 per month.
- A short unfurnished tenancy of 6 – 12 months. A longer period is possible.
- Rent £2,000 per calendar month paid monthly in advance by standing order.
- Deposit £2,300 to be held by the Landlord without interest, the agreement for which will be registered with the Tenancy Deposit Solutions scheme. The deposit is to cover any Tenant liabilities under the Lease covenants, such as dilapidations.
- The tenancy is unfurnished, but with curtains, fitted carpets and kitchen fittings and equipment.
- There are no letting or legal fees.
- The Landlord will require financial references.
- Non-smokers preferred. Small pets may be allowed, subject to written consent from the Landlord.
- Council Tax band G, which for the 2019-20 year is £3,110 payable to East Devon District Council.
- Metered water supply from South West Water. Gas and Electricity supplied by Southern Electric.
- The Landlord insures the buildings and the Landlord’s fixtures, fittings and furniture against loss from the usual perils, recovers the cost from the Tenant. The premium is payable in late summer and for 2015-16 was £1,160.
- The Landlord is responsible for all internal and exterior maintenance.
For further details and to arrange a viewing, contact Angela Holland, telephone 01395 445894, fax 01395 441100, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Estate Office, Lee Ford, Budleigh Salterton, Devon EX9 7AJ.