PEBBLES, High Street, Budleigh Salterton
5 bedroom house with parking, garden and sea views to rent.
Available from 1st July 2021
Pebbles, which was built around 1930, is a large detached three storey family house with five bedrooms, set back from the High Street, in the centre of Budleigh Salterton, with southerly views over the pebble beach to the sea. Its garden gives onto the sea front footpath and beach. There is a double garage as well as good parking space in its large courtyard.
Unlike Exmouth and Sidmouth, Budleigh Salterton has changed little in the past half century while major developments have expanded Exmouth, 4 miles away into a significant commuter town for Exeter. Budleigh Salterton remains the home of many retired people but with a growing number of younger families. It has good shops, pubs and a Health Centre.
The accommodation comprises:
- Entrance lobby and hall with staircase
- Large living room, 7.9m x 5.3m (26’ x 17’ 6”), with stone fireplace and bay windows
- Teak glazed conservatory, 7.9m x 4.6m (26’ x 15’), with double doors to the garden
- Dining room, 4.0m x 3.7m (13’ x 12’), with fireplace and French windows
- Family room, 3.7m x 3.7m (12’ x 12’)
- Cloakroom – WC and basin
- Fitted kitchen, 4.1m x 4.0m (13’ 6” x 13’), with Neff oven and microwave, Neff Gas hob unit
Electric four oven electric Aga cooker
- Utility room with fitted cupboards and stainless steel sink, Bosch fridge freezer, back door
- Bedroom 1, 3.7m x 5.2m (12’ x 17’) with en-suite bathroom, white bathroom suite, and access to a glazed balcony
- Bedroom 2, 3.7m x 5.2m (12’ x 17’) with access to a glazed balcony
- Bedroom 3, 3.7m x 4.0m (12’ x 13’) with en-suite shower room
- Bathroom 2 with bath, separate shower, basin and WC, cupboard with double Megaflow hot water cylinders
- Staircase to
Landing giving onto
- Bedroom 4 with sea views, 4.9m x 4.0m (16’ x 13’)
- Bedroom 5
- Bathroom 3, with bath with shower over, basin and WC
Rear courtyard with external access to
- Basement store with cupboards and Ideal Logic gas fired boiler, supplying radiators with individual thermostats.
- Double garage
- Exterior WC
Lift not currently in service but, subject to a service contract, can be reinstated.
Pebbles has previously been let as a bed and breakfast business and, as a result, has very substantial cold and hot water storage and pumped hot water.
The owner is preparing for a major renovation which may involve partial demolition of this fine house, now some 90 years old, and seeks a short term let pending the preparations for this renovation, including obtaining planning permission and negotiating contracts.
The conservatory was constructed in the mid-1990s and the materials used have suffered from the salt and exposed position of the house. Today it is inclined to leak in wet and windy conditions, particularly when there is a southeast or easterly gale. Indeed, part of the renovation will be to replace the conservatory.
The owner now seeks a short unfurnished tenancy at a much reduced rent, well below the level achieved during the last ten years. The expiring lease commanded a rent of £2,920 per month.
- A short unfurnished tenancy of 6 – 12 months. A longer period is possible.
- Rent £2,200 per calendar month paid monthly in advance by standing order.
- Deposit £2,500 to be held by the Landlord without interest, the agreement for which will be registered with the Tenancy Deposit Solutions scheme. The deposit is to cover any Tenant liabilities under the Lease covenants, such as dilapidations.
- The tenancy is unfurnished, but with curtains, fitted carpets and kitchen fittings and equipment.
- There are no letting or legal fees.
- The Landlord will require financial references.
- The Landlord insures the buildings and the Landlord’s fixtures, fittings and furniture against loss from the usual perils.
- Non-smokers preferred. Small pets may be allowed, subject to written consent from the Landlord.
- The Landlord is responsible for all internal and exterior maintenance.
- Council Tax band G, which for the 2020-21 year is £3,410 payable to East Devon District Council.
- All utility accounts, phone and WiFi. Metered water supply from South West Water. Gas and electricity currently supplied by Bulb, dual day and night time tariff.
For further details and to arrange a viewing, contact Angela Holland, telephone 01395 445894, fax 01395 441100, email email@example.com or write to the Estate Office, Lee Ford, Budleigh Salterton, Devon EX9 7AJ.