The White Cottage
3 bedroom house currently let.
The White Cottage is in the centre of a private country estate, Lee Ford, on the edge of Budleigh Salterton about a mile from the famous seafront and pebble beach where Sir John Millais painted “The Boyhood of Raleigh”, now in the Tate Gallery in London.
Unlike Exmouth and Sidmouth on either side, Budleigh Salterton has changed little in the past half century while Exmouth, 4 miles away, has grown into a major commuter town for Exeter. It has good shops and pubs, a primary school and its own Health Centre. The nearest supermarkets are Tesco and Lidl, 2 miles away on the road to Exmouth, a Marks & Spencer in Exmouth town centre and a Waitrose, about 8 miles on the road to Sidford. Exeter is 12 miles away. The local East Devon Golf Club is listed in the top one hundred golf clubs in the country, www.top100golfcourses.co.uk.
The entrance to the Lee Ford estate is in the village of Knowle. Lee Ford extends to 45 acres of parkland, fields and a renowned garden and woodlands. There is direct access to the cycle and pedestrian path which links Lee Ford to Exmouth, Dawlish, Exeter and beyond.
The two storey White Cottage is built of cob under a slate roof and is around 300 years old. Attached to it is a smaller cottage of similar age. Behind the cottage is a patio and lawn area with views over fields. Outside the front is ample space for safe parking and a large green. The location is rural, private and quiet, but still close to town and 200m to the nearest bus stop.
The accommodation comprises:
- Spacious living room with open fireplace, 5.4m x 4.9m
- Study/Dining room, 3.0m x 2.3m
- Fitted kitchen with Zanussi Pyrolytic multi-function electric oven and induction hob, dishwasher
- Utility room with fridge-freezer and washing machine
- Shower room with basin and WC
- Double Bedroom 1, with 2 fitted wardrobes, 4.85m x 3.5m
- Double Bedroom 2, with 2 fitted wardrobes, 4.25m x 3.9m
- Double Bedroom 3, with fitted wardrobe, 3.7m x 3.2m, and en suite bathroom
- Separate family bathroom with bath/shower, bidet, basin, WC & airing cupboard
Gas central heating with radiators with thermostatic valves
- An Assured Shorthold Tenancy for 12 months.
- Renewal by agreement, the second and subsequent year renewal terms may include an optional mutual break clause subject to two months’ notice.
- Rent per calendar month paid monthly in advance by standing order.
- Deposit 5 weeks’ rent. The deposit will be protected under the Housing Act 2004 with Tenancy Deposit Solutions Ltd.
- Unfurnished but with kitchen equipment, carpets and curtains.
- There are no letting or legal fees.
- Usual financial references required.
- No pets. Non smokers preferred.
- Council Tax – Band E, charge for 2023/24 is £2,701.66, payable to East Devon District Council.
- All utilities, telephone and WiFi, see below.
- Private Estate treated water supply, charge £80 per quarter. No meter.
- Current sewage charge £380 per annum charged by the Estate.
- BT telephone line via Estate PABX. Calls charged by the Estate.
- Internet broadband also charged by the Estate at £16 plus VAT per month.
- Mains gas. The current estimate for the annual gas bill is £1,340.
- Electricity. The current annual estimate is £1,550.
- Buildings and landlord’s contents insurance premiums, covering the usual perils including storm and flood.
- Annual boiler service, all safety certificate costs and any maintenance save for the cost of any repair needed due to negligence or errors of the tenant.
- Interior and exterior maintenance and decoration. Repairs to all landlord’s equipment save for any damage caused by the tenant.
For further details and to arrange a viewing, contact Angela Holland, telephone 01395 445894, email email@example.com.