The White Cottage
THE WHITE COTTAGE – CURRENTLY LET
- 3 bedroom house currently let.
- The White Cottage is in the centre of a private country estate, Lee Ford, on the edge of Budleigh Salterton about a mile from the famous seafront and pebble beach where Sir John Millais painted “The Boyhood of Raleigh”, now in the Tate Gallery in London.
- Unlike Exmouth and Sidmouth on either side, Budleigh Salterton has changed little in the past half century while Exmouth, 4 miles away, has grown into a major commuter town for Exeter. It has good shops and pubs, a primary school and its own Health Centre. The nearest supermarkets are Tesco and Lidl, 2 miles away on the road to Exmouth, a Marks & Spencer in Exmouth town centre and a Waitrose, about 8 miles on the road to Sidford. Exeter is 12 miles away. The local East Devon Golf Club is listed in the top one hundred golf clubs in the country, www.top100golfcourses.co.uk.
- The entrance to the Lee Ford estate is in the village of Knowle. Lee Ford extends to 45 acres of parkland, fields and a renowned garden and woodlands. There is direct access to the cycle and pedestrian path which links Lee Ford to Exmouth, Dawlish, Exeter and beyond.
- The two storey White Cottage is built of cob under a slate roof and is around 300 years old. Attached to it is a smaller cottage of similar age. Behind the cottage is a patio and lawn area with views over fields. Outside the front is ample space for safe parking and a large green. The location is rural, private and quiet, but still close to town and 200m to the nearest bus stop. The property comprises:
- Ground Floor
- Spacious living room with open fireplace, 5.4m x 4.9m
- Study/Dining room, 3.0m x 2.3m
- Fitted kitchen with Zanussi Pyrolytic multi-function electric oven and Iiuction hob, dishwasher
- Utility room with fridge-freezer and washing machine
- Shower room with basin and WC
- First Floor
- Double Bedroom 1, with 2 fitted wardrobes, 4.85m x 3.5m
- Double Bedroom 2, with 2 fitted wardrobes, 4.25m x 3.9m
- Double Bedroom 3, with fitted wardrobe, 3.7m x 3.2m, and en suite bathroom
- Separate family bathroom with bath/shower, bidet, basin, WC & airing cupboard
- Gas central heating with radiators with thermostatic valves
- An Assured Shorthold Tenancy for 6 months or 12 months.
- Renewal by agreement, the second and subsequent year renewal terms may include an optional mutual break clause subject to two months’ notice.
- Rent per calendar month paid monthly in advance by standing order.
- Deposit . The deposit will be protected under the Housing Act 2004 with Tenancy Deposit Solutions Ltd.
- Unfurnished but with kitchen equipment, carpets and curtains.
- There are no letting or legal fees.
- Usual financial references required.
- No pets. Non smokers preferred.
- Council Tax – Band E, charge for 2020/21 is £2,367.99, payable to East Devon District Council.
- All utilities, telephone and WiFi, see below.
- Private Estate treated water supply, charge £75 per quarter. No meter.
- Current sewage charge £440 per annum.
- BT telephone line via Estate PABX. Calls charged by Estate.
- Internet broadband also charged by the Estate at £16 plus VAT per month.
- Mains gas. The recent estimate for the annual gas bill is £850.
- Buildings and landlord’s contents insurance premiums, covering the usual perils including storm and flood.
- Annual boiler service, all safety certificate costs and any maintenance save for the cost of any repair needed due to negligence or errors of the tenant.
- Interior and exterior maintenance and decoration. Repairs to all landlord’s equipment save for any damage caused by the tenant.
For further details and to arrange a viewing, contact Angela Holland, telephone 01395 445894, email email@example.com, or write to the Estate Office, Lee Ford, Budleigh Salterton, Devon, EX9 7AJ.